Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fired up and ready to go.


The buzz of a victory! Who says I'm not a team player? Okay, maybe I'm the only one who has ever uttered those words, but there's nothing like being a part of a victorious team. This particular team was quite special. Eight members -- more than sets foot on the hardwood, less than the gridiron. Each member of this team had a very distinct, well-defined purpose. I knew mine. I executed mine. In the execution was really where the buzz started.

Campaigns are truly their own animal. After the handful that I have participated in you really start to feel the rhythm, to know the drill. Having the knowledge and the experience and the ability to be one step ahead, it's just a rush. This campaign was short and sweet -- a fencing match perhaps? The distinct formula was set forth by my very dear friend and let me tell you -- she knows her stuff. She coached this group of eight with all the plays memorized, all the statistics at her disposal, all the tricks up her sleeve. She deserves to be in the campaign hall of fame.

So bring 'em on...this team player's ready.

2 comments: